This is the teaser photo.
Behind this door lies the closet I share with my husband.
Here are some facts about the closet I will tell you before the big interior reveal.
- The closet is 11 ft. long (into it) and 5 ft. wide.
- A built in, 11 in. wide shelf all the way around the top, about about 2 ft. down from the ceiling.
- Some built in shelving, a section of closet for longer items and a section that has two poles for hanging skirts or pants and tops.
- Ineffectual lighting
- My side of the closet contains about 50/50 item that BELONG in a closet and items that really don't but are stored there.
- Most shelves contain non-wardrobe items
- There is a 3 tiered shoe rack, some craft room overflow drawers and tiny shoe box size organizers that are basically empty right now.
What would I LIKE to see in my closet? Only clothes I LOVE to wear. It would be nice to have a better way to organize my shoes. A clear floor. The upper shelves need to become more useful. Some matching closet organizers. A place for my ironing board and iron. A full length mirror. And some new lighting. It's just TOO dark in that closet.
The closet organizing class doesn't begin until the end of September. I've got alot of thinking, drawing and photographing to do until then, not to mention a Saturday morning Garage Sale.